>My favourite food - Mie Goreng [Indonesia]
My favourite food - Mie Goreng [Indonesia]
"Mie" means noodles in Bahasa Indonesia. My favourite dish is Mie Goreng, which has lots of stir-fried vegetables and meat or seafood with it.
I particularly like Mie Goreng because my Grandmother always cooks it for me when I visit her.
150g dried noodles
1x5ml spoon oil
2 spring onions, chopped
1x15ml spoon soy sauce/fish sauce
½ 5ml spoon sesame seeds (optional)
Wok/large pan, chopping board, knife, measuring spoons, fish slice.
1. Cook the noodles as instructed on the packaging. Drain.
2. Heat the oil in wok/large pan.
3. Add the noodles, onion and beansprouts
4. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the soy/fish sauce.
6. Serve – garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
* You may wish to eat your noodles plain. If so, just cook as instructed on the packaging.
* Add extra vegetables to create a noodle main meal, e.g. frozen peas, canned sweetcorn, sliced mushrooms, chopped red pepper.
* You may wish to toast the sesame seeds.
© British Nutrition Foundation 2005
Exchange of recipes
This stage will be when we swap recipes and compare results